Salesforce’s Lightning Experience user interface will be automatically enabled on January 7, 2020.
Salesforce releases Critical Updates and gives organizations plenty of time to ensure they are ready. Ready or not, those Critical Updates are enabled automatically on a specific future date. For more info on Critical Updates, click here.
Lightning Experience is indeed the best interface to use and all new innovations from Salesforce are being built in Lightning. However, it could be confusing for users if you are not prepared.
- Every Sunday after Lightning Experience is enabled, users will be automatically switched to Lightning Experience. They will be able to switch back to Classic, but it will happen automatically.
- Lightning Experience enabled users will receive onboarding guidance in both Lightning and Classic.
- Lightning page layouts may not be optimized which could cause user confusion.
- Classic buttons may not be visible and/or may not work.
HOW TO PREPARE:
There are several options to consider:
- If your users are assigned to a standard profile, you will be unable to turn off the Lightning permission set. Clone the standard profile, assign users to the new profile and make sure the Lightning permission set is not enabled for the profile.
- Create a “Remain in Salesforce Classic” permission set and assign to users. They will still have access to switch to Lightning but it will not happen automatically.
- Help users understand the benefits of Lightning and train them to use the new interface. This will require ensuring that your org is Lightning ready.
To prepare your org and users for the Lightning Experience, there are a handful of strategic activities that Salesforce recommends:
To help you with these and other transition activities, use the Lightning Experience Transition Assistant. It’s available in Setup and it’s your one-stop-shop for all of the recommended steps and tools for a successful transition.
For Salesforce help, visit this link.
If you are a client of MyOnlineAdmin, we have already taken care of all of this and much more. We are here for your Peace of Mind.
Thank you for reading. Please share this post with others that may benefit.
Have a blessed day!